SATs for Seniors (In-School); Asynchronous Learning for Grades 9-11.
Grades 9-11: Your teachers will provide an asynchronous lesson for this day.
Grade 12: Please read below.
The SAT Student Guides have pertinent information for testing, tips and a practice test:
Information about receiving scores can be found here.
Who May Test?
This test was only available to the seniors enrolled at Fairfax High School and our homeschooled students who live within our boundaries. You had to have registered via FCPS link no later than August 31, 2020.
Before you come to school for the SAT, please have the following items in a bag with you:
- A picture ID so that you can be identified by the proctor, if they do not know you personally.
- A mask to be worn at all times during testing. This mask will be subject to inspection by the proctor.
- Several sharpened #2 pencils.
- A calculator that fits the description in the College Board link below. If you normally borrow one from FHS for the school year, please contact me no later than Monday, September 21st to coordinate.
- Snacks and water – students will be allowed to consume snacks and water behind their desks during breaks.
- If you cannot leave your cell phone at home or in your car, please have a bag to turn it off and put it in the back of the room. The cell phone must be off and out of reach. The preference is that your cell phone not be brought into the building.
- The college codes for the universities/colleges you would like to send your four free score reports to.
- You do not need a test ticket for the in-school SAT. You did not have to register with the College Board to take the in-school SAT on Wednesday, September 23, 2020.
Coming to School on September 23, 2020.
If you are arriving by your own transportation, please plan to arrive at school by 8AM.
Upon arrive to school, please use the following directions:
- Use the entrance door you have been assigned below.
- You must wear a mask at all times.
- Please observe 6 feet of distance between you and your classmates the best you can.
- Please be careful as there will be people in the parking lot.
- You will need to answer the following health questions verbally: https://www.fcps.edu/sites/default/files/media/forms/HealthScreeningQuestionnaire.pdf
- Please do not come to school if you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed on the form.
- Standard testing windows should be completed by 12:30. Students with extended time approved by College Board will be done at approximately 3:00.
- No one may enter the building other than the students who are being tested.
- Grab and Go breakfast will be available to students beginning at 7:30.
- Grab and Go lunch will be available to students from 12:30-1:30.
What procedures are being followed to safety of students?
- SAT, ACT, and PSAT Health and Safety Protocols – Please read the information provided on this site. This page gives you information about how the procedures are being followed at schools to ensure safety of students and staff.
- Testers will also be receiving an email through their fcpsschools.net accounts regarding the check-in process, entrance and testing room assignments, and what to bring (and what not to bring).
- Parents/guardians are not permitted in the building and should remain in their cars. Only students who are actually taking an exam may wait in the check-in line.
- We also ask that testers and families dropping students off do not socialize in the parking lot or in the building. Social distancing needs to be practiced at all times on the school property as well as mask wearing.
Please contact Dr. KZ at @email