Class of 2020 Senior Spotlight - Alysea Colon
1) What has been your biggest disappointment/hardship since schools have been closed for the remainder of the academic year?
Since the closing of this academic year, my biggest disappointment would be the cancellation of the annual May Show at Fairfax Academy Dance. Every year we hold an end of the year show, and I was truly looking forward to it this year along with saying goodbye to my most influential teachers and peers.
2) What are your plans for the fall?
My plan for the fall is to attend Peabody Conservatory as a dance major.
3) How have your plans changed, if at all?
My family is still undecided on my attendance at that conservatory due to the cost and the unknown of what the future holds for me during this pandemic.
4) What have you learned about yourself since the COVID-19 closures?
Since the COVID-19 closures I have learned that taking care of myself and spending quality time with family is very important. For a long time I was so caught up in school that now I realize all of the things I never had time to do that I actually enjoy without having a deadline.
5) What is your passion?
My greatest passion is dance. I am truly the happiest when I have the freedom to move and fully express myself.
6) Have you discovered a new passion in light of social distancing?
In light of social distancing I have not discovered a new passion but more or less embraced an old one. I've always loved to paint and draw but never had the time, unless you count the doodles on my classwork! Now I have the freedom to paint everyday, and it's pretty relaxing.
7) What are your hopes for the future?
For the future I hope to be able to provide for my family, dance, and ultimately just be happy.
8) Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?
I absolutely love to get lost in the pages of a book and get away from the everyday routine of the world.
9) What are you most proud of about your school experience/best memory?
I am most proud of my improvement within the dance academy. As for my best memory, finding my best friend.