Class of 2020 Senior Spotlight - Megan Kuo
1) What has been your biggest disappointment/hardship since schools have been closed for the remainder of the academic year?
I was really looking forward to ending my time at Fairfax High School, with a bang, especially since I was going to both States and NCFL Nationals in Chicago for Forensics speech. I had a ton of fun when I went to Milwaukee last year, and it's been a slow realization that none of it is happening this year.
2) What are your plans for the fall?
My current plan is to attend the University of Virginia to study biology and to have a good time while doing my best! I'm looking forward to checking out the different clubs available, and meeting new people.
3) How have your plans changed, if at all?
I've had a hard time finding a balance between committing to a set course, and exploring what else might be in store for me. Despite the challenges of distance learning, my teachers have given me the courage to tackle whatever comes my way.
4) What have you learned about yourself since the COVID-19 closures?
I've learned that without any interruptions or responsibilities, I can have FaceTime conversations that last crazy amounts of time. I've had several four-hour conversations where afterwards I have to take a minute to realize how long it had been.
5) What is your passion?
My passion is art, whether it be bullet journaling, sketching, painting my nails, or even singing.
6) Have you discovered a new passion in light of social distancing?
In the beginning, I was really enthusiastic about trying to learn the skills I always said I never had time for. One skill that I really wanted to learn was how to play guitar. I'm proud of myself for being able to sing and play guitar now, even if it's not perfect.
7) What are your hopes for the future?
I hope that I have the courage to chase what gives me happiness, and to live with a minimal amount of regrets.
8) Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?
Only that while my time at Fairfax High School wasn't perfect, I'm going to miss the people and my extracurriculars like crazy.
9) What are you most proud of about your school experience/best memory?
Clapping loudly for each of my Forensics teammates as they came back from their final rounds at our Super-Regionals competition this year, and embarrassing them with my sheer enthusiasm. :)