Class of 2020 Senior Spotlight - Nora Bassa
1) What have you learned about yourself since the COVID-19 closures?
I have learned that I am actually very unmotivated, and that unless I set up a strict schedule and designate certain times for certain tasks, I will get almost nothing done. I have also learned that it was never the lack of time that affected my productivity, but my lack of motivation.
2) What are your plans for the fall?
I will be attending George Mason University.
3) How have your plans changed, if at all?
My plans for college have not changed, GMU has been my frontrunner for the past few months.
4) What has been your biggest disappointment/hardship since schools have been closed for the remainder of the academic year?
My biggest hardship as a result of all this is definitely finding any motivation. Ever since school ended, I've found even the simplest of tasks difficult because I never seem to be able to just get up and do them. I used to procrastinate doing chores for hours, sometimes even days, because I simply could not find the motivation to get up and do them.
5) What is your passion?
As of right now I don't know, however I hope to explore different fields of study in the future. What I do know is that I like to work with others and help people.
6) Have you discovered a new passion in light of social distancing?
I've gotten more into fitness and exercise as of late because I dislike sitting around all day.
7) What are your hopes for the future?
I hope to be successful and to be able to provide for the people I love. I'm not too sure what career I would like to pursue yet, but I want to leave some sort of mark on this world.
8) What are you most proud of about your school experience/best memory?
The memories that I've made while participating in extracurricular activities such as IFest are without a doubt some of my favorites. I will especially remember the little moments that I shared with the people that I met through those events.