New Student Registration
Welcome, Future Fairfax High School Lion!
Welcome to Fairfax High School!
We are a school in Fairfax County, Virginia.
New students fall into one of two registration categories:
- Students who are new to Fairfax High School and are not currently enrolled in another school in FCPS.
- Students who are new to Fairfax High School and who are currently enrolled in FCPS, but not a rising 9th-grade student who previously attended Katherine Johnson Middle School (formerly Lanier) as an 8th-grade student.
To register at Fairfax High School, first determine if your student lives in our boundary by viewing the FCPS boundary locator.
If your student does live in the Fairfax HS boundary and does meet one of the two categories above, please fill out the new student registration intake/signup form below. This form will be submitted to our school registrar who will be able to assist you with the new student registration process.
For general registration information while you wait for a response, please visit https://www.fcps.edu/registration/general-registration-requirements.
- Students who are looking for information on how to register for a Fairfax Academy course should visit the Fairfax Academy Website.
New Student Registration Forms
For students new to Fairfax County, you will need to complete and submit the forms enrollment bundle (here) as part of the registration process.
For students coming from another FCPS school, you will need to fill out and submit the following three forms as part of the registration process:
- Registration form
- Emergency Care form
- Health Information form (can also be accessed as part of the Enrollment Forms Bundle)
Visit the FCPS registration page to learn more.
Student families wishing to register a student with a home language other than or in addition to English should please contact the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center. Here professionals may assess your student's English language skill and/or educational level. These assessments can provide valuable information to the local school and support your child's instructional needs.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center webpage.
Special registration situations can include nonparent registrations, situations involving divorced or separated parents, homelessness, foster care, and foreign exchange students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Special Registration Situations webpage.
FCPS welcomes responsive and collaborative communication and partnerships with the parents and families of our students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Military Registration webpage.
A student is expected to attend the school that serves their attendance area. Transfer requests are considered for very specific reasons as outlined in FCPS School Board Regulation 2230.
Student transfer information is available if a parent would like to transfer a student from a base school to another school within FCPS. However, a school must be open to transfers, based on student capacity, etc.