Attendance at FHS (Virtual)
Procedures and policies regarding student attendance at Fairfax High School.
2020-2021 Fairfax High School - Parent (Virtual) Attendance Procedures
Attendance to all virtual classes is mandatory.
- All students must complete the on-line Asynchronous Monday check-in form by 11:59pm on Monday.
- Lion Time teachers will be available to their students from 8:10-8:30.
- Some students may be required to check in with their Lion Time teacher from 8:10-8:30.
- From 8:40-11:30 students, will be able to connect with teachers to receive remediation or extra support
Tuesday - Friday Attendance:
- Students are to log in to their scheduled class on time
- Students are expected to participate in the class throughout the period
Must be excused by a parent or guardian by following one of the procedures below:
- Calling the Attendance Line at (703) 219-2211 and selecting
- Option 1 or 2, based upon student’s last name (see below);
- Option 3, for Spanish-speaking families
- Using the Online Attendance Form to report the absence.
- This is necessary for full day and partial day absences
- This procedure should also be used for temporary, sudden, or unexpected hardships that prevent a student from accessing their online classes (ex. power outage, loss of internet, etc.)
Attendance Line: 703-219-2211
- Last Name (A-Lee) - Press 1
- Last Name (Lef-Z) - Press 2
- Spanish Speaking - Press 3